SEPTIC TANK APPLICATIONS PERMIT
Send to : Atascosa County Environmental Health Department, from 8AM to 4:30PM Monday thru Friday.
BEFORE AUTHORIZATION TO CONSTRUCT can be issued:
- ALL OSSF’s installed in Atascosa County require a design to be completed by a licensed Site Evaluator, Registered Sanitarian with a site evaluators license, or a licensed Professional Engineer.
- You must have an approved physical Site Address issued by 911 addressing.
- A septic tank locator map is necessary. It may be hand drawn or printed from Google Earth, Map Quest or other such entities with location marked.
- Color copy of FEMA Floodplain Map. The map must include the Community-panel number or Firmette Number. Maps available to www.msc.fema.gov. Please make sure septic site is marked.
- IF an aerobic system is to be used, you will be required to have a SIGNED MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT and an Affidavit to the Public that must be notarized and filed at the Atascosa County Courthouse located at 1 Courthouse Circle Drive, Suite 4-B, Jourdanton, TX 78026.
- Legal Description of the property with owner’s name and property address are required
i.e. DEED to property or TAX ID CARD (https://atascosacad.com/)
- CASH, MONEY ORDER or CHECK per each application is necessary. Please make payable to Atascosa County. Fees are listed on application.
- Failure to fill out required paperwork will result in a delay in the review process.
- Inspections are conducted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. You are required to schedule your inspection at least one day in advance.
- YOU must call between 8:00 & 8:30am the day of your inspection in order to find out your inspection time, which is set depending on the number of inspections we have lined up. You may NOT request a time.
- If any additional visits have to be conducted after the first inspection, a $50.00 re-inspection fee will apply.
ALL PERMIT FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE & ONLY GOOD FOR 1 YEAR.